Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Box Office Prediction for December 25-28

Christmas is upon us and shoppers are running franticly to get presents. I officially finished my Christmas shopping today. One tradition that many people have is to go see a new movie in theaters. Since there are 5 movies coming out on Christmas they have a lot of choices.

"Bedtime Stories"
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
"Marley and Me"
"The Spirit"
"Valkyrie"

The first movie that excites me is Bedtime Stories. It's about a man who's bedtime stories to his niece and nephew become real.

The second movie that excites me is Valkyrie. This movie follows Claus von Stauffenberg and his attempt to assassinate Adolf Hitler.

There are three movies coming out in limited release.

"Revolutionary Road'
"Last Chance Harvey"
"Waltz with Bashir"


My Prediction
1. Bedtime Stories
2. Marley and Me
3. Valkyrie
4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
5. Yes Man


Boy In Striped Pajama's Update: I have still yet to see this film. I have heard many great things about it already. I will let you know how it is when I do see it. Last weekend it made 274,000 dollars in 403 theaters. It has made a total of 8.3 Million dollars.



I apologize for forgetting to do movie trailer of the week last week. (I was kind of busy) So to make it up to you I will post 2 trailers.

The first trailer is from the Director of I-Robot. (One of my favorites) It's called "Knowing".
http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/knowing/

The second one is called "Race to Witch Mountain". Even though I am always very skeptical of alien movies. This one looks like it might be fun.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/racetowitchmountain/medium.html


Please post a comment on which of these movies you would like to see. Thanks!

God Bless and may you have a great Christmas.

1 comment:

R.T.M.M. said...

Well, I watched both trailers.

The Known movie looks exciting, and the Disney Alien movie.... Let's just say it might be fun to see...Sometime.

Great job on the Blog by the way and keep it up, it's always nice to know what movies are coming out.